Sarah Jane joined the charities team at the start of 2018 and advises on a broad range of charity law and governance matters.
In particular, Sarah Jane advises on trustee duties and responsibilities, governance issues, establishing new charities, restructuring existing charities, safeguarding issues and engagement with the Charity Commission.
Before joining the firm, Sarah Jane worked as an employment lawyer at a large London law firm.
Examples of experience include:
- Advising on constitutional reviews and amendments for a variety of charities with different legal structures
- Engaging with the Charity Commission on behalf of charities to obtain regulatory consent for various matters
- Advising on the creation of a family foundation
- Advising unincorporated charities on the process of incorporation and assisting with their registration with the Charity Commission
- Drafting grant agreements for charities both at a national and international level
- Advising on succession planning and planning to wind-up a charity.