Sara Tucker concentrates her practice on complex products liability litigation with a focus on pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. A veteran trial lawyer, Sara has experience defending clients in high-stakes mass tort and multi-district cases in federal and state courts. She also has experience in consolidated state court litigation, consumer class actions and medical malpractice.
The American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division selected Sara for its “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers” award in 2019, and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine has recognized Sara as a Rising Star for each of the past five years.
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI), Young Lawyer’s Division, 2013-Present
- Steering Committee, 2013–2015; Vice Chair, Substantive Committee Liaison, 2015-2016; Chair, Publications Subcommittee, 2014-2015; Vice Chair, Publications Subcommittee, 2013-2014
- Drug and Medical Device Steering Committee, 2013-2015; Member, Orientation Subcommittee, 2013-2015; Young Lawyers Liaison, 2013-2015
- Volunteer Attorney, Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, 2008-Present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Georgia Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2020 – Present (A global honorary society of attorneys, judges, law faculty, and legal scholars whose public and private careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the highest principles of the legal profession and to the welfare of their communities. Membership is limited to 1% of lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction. Fellows are recommended by their peers and elected by the Board of the American Bar Foundation.)
- Recipient, American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers” Award, 2019
- Team Member, The American Lawyer’s “Regional Litigation Department of the Year - Georgia,” 2018
- Team Member, The American Lawyer’s “Products Liability Litigation Department of the Year,” 2018
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2015-2019
- Listed, The Daily Report, "On the Rise," 2017
- Team Member, The Daily Report’s "Georgia Products Liability & Mass Torts Litigation Department of the Year," 2013 and 2015-2017
- Team Member, Courtroom View Network’s "Top Defense Verdict of 2016"
- Team Member, Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly, “Top Defense Wins in 2016”
- Recipient, "Outstanding Newcomer," Defense Research Institute Young Lawyers' Committee, 2014
- Team Member, a Law360 "Product Liability Practice Group of the Year," 2011
- Recipient, "Pro Bono Award," Georgia State University College of Law
- Litigation Honors, Georgia State University College of Law
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical company in multidistrict litigation (MDL) involving proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) medications.
- Counsel for global medical technology company in cases alleging bacterial contamination of sterile syringes.
- National trial team member for global medical device company related to inferior vena cava (IVC) filters.
- National trial team member for global medical device company in both MDL as well as state court litigation involving hernia mesh products.
- Counsel for medical device company in cases alleging death and /or paralysis related to surgically implanted medical devices.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical company in MDL litigation relating to chemotherapy medications.
- Trial team member for one of the world’s largest medical device companies involving allegations of negligence in the design of a laser-resistant endotracheal tube. The client was assessed zero liability despite jury verdict of $18 million awarded against co-defendant health care providers.
- Trial team member for multinational developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices in MDL bellwether cases involving vaginal mesh products as well as consolidated state court litigation
- Counsel to major pharmaceutical company in multidistrict and associated state court litigation involving an antipsychotic medication with more than 15,000 cases.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical company in cases alleging death caused by narcotic medication.
- Counsel to an international mining corporation in silica litigation in multiple jurisdictions around the country.
- Counsel to leading national restaurant chain in several putative class actions involving the sodium content of its meals.
- Counsel to international automobile manufacturer in multidistrict litigation involving thousands of plaintiffs, as well as associated state court cases.
- National trial team member for one of the world’s largest chemical companies in asbestos litigation in numerous jurisdictions.
- Counsel to health care professionals in malpractice lawsuits.
- Counsel to international beverage manufacturer in pre-litigation advisory role.