Robert Wayland is an attorney in the firm’s Patent Prosecution and Litigation practice group. Robert focuses his intellectual property law practice on patent preparation and prosecution in the field of chemical engineering. He is passionate about understanding his client’s technologies and finding innovative and effective ways to protect their intellectual property interests.
Prior to joining the Raleigh Office, he worked with BullDox, a division of Womble Bond Dickinson focused on eDiscovery and information management. During that time, his practice included litigation matters ranging from patent and trademark infringement to multi-jurisdictional product liability litigations; technical, regulatory and marketing document analysis; and discovery document preparation for a variety of case types within the US and abroad.
Before law school, Robert attended North Carolina State University where he received bachelor’s of science degrees in chemical engineering and paper science engineering.
Robert enjoys playing golf and is an avid fan of NC State Athletics. He is an active member of Hayes Barton Baptist Church, where he coaches boys basketball and plays on the men’s softball and basketball teams.
Civic and Professional Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Prepared discovery documents for a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in a variety of different case types, both in the US and internationally
- Analyzed technical, regulatory and marketing documents for responsiveness to plaintiff’s discovery requests for production