Robert Botkin has experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating master agreements, statements of work, non-disclosure agreements, amendments, and other legal agreements and documents relating to intellectual property, market data, information technology, cloud computing and other complex commercial transactions. His transactional experience allows him to provide business-focused and time sensitive solutions, while his regulatory experience allows him to tailor his advice as needed.
Prior to joining the firm, Robert worked for a global wealth manager, investment bank and financial services firm and also served as an intern for the Securities and Exchange Commission and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Amazon Web Serves Certified Cloud Practitioner, 2021-Present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Technologist, 2021-Present
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Plant Era, Strategic Advisor, 2021 – Present
- Chabad Young Professionals Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board, 2018 – Present
- Co-Author, "Colorado Passes Comprehensive Privacy Law – 4 Quick Takeaways," Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, July 8, 2021
- Author, “Think Not About What Will Happen, But About What You Will Do,” Washington Post, April 7, 2020
- Author, “Rationalizing the Credit Union Tax Exemption,” 19 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 158, 2019
- Author, “For-Profit Colleges: An International Regulatory Comparison,” 17 Fla. St. U. Bus. Rev. 1, 2018
- Author, “FINRA and the Developing Appointments Clause Doctrine,” 17 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 445, 2017