Robert serves on the firm's editorial board and is a contributor to the HeyDataData Blog. Additionally, he is an IAPP Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), IAPP Certified Information Privacy Practitioner/ U.S. (CIPP/US), and Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner.
Prior to joining the firm, Robert was a part of a bulge bracket bank's Legal Data Protection and Souring team and served as an intern for the Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Economic and Risk Analysis, and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
His transactional experience allows him to provide business-focused and time sensitive solutions, while his regulatory experience allows him to tailor his advice as needed.
- Amazon Web Serves Certified Cloud Practitioner, 2021-Present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Technologist, 2021-Present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Practitioner/ U.S., 2021-Present
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Plant Era, Strategic Advisor, 2021 – Present
- Chabad Young Professionals Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board, 2018 – Present
- Co-Author, “Financial Institutions Face Fork in Patent Road,” IP Watchdog, October 28, 2021
- Co-Author, "Colorado Passes Comprehensive Privacy Law – 4 Quick Takeaways," Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, July 8, 2021
- Co-Author, "Important Updates For Businesses That Transfer Data From Europe: European Commission Adopts New Standard Contractual Clauses," Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, June 7, 2021
- Author, “Think Not About What Will Happen, But About What You Will Do,” Washington Post, April 7, 2020
- Author, “Rationalizing the Credit Union Tax Exemption,” 19 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 158, 2019
- Author, “For-Profit Colleges: An International Regulatory Comparison,” 17 Fla. St. U. Bus. Rev. 1, 2018
- Author, “FINRA and the Developing Appointments Clause Doctrine,” 17 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 445, 2017