Richard joined the firm in 2018 and specialises in commercial real estate litigation.
He has acted for both landlords and tenants on a variety of commercial property disputes including:
- Opposed and unopposed commercial lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Break clauses and the preparation/service of break notices
- Dilapidations claims
- Forfeiture and possession claims
- Adverse possession
- Rent recovery
- Applications to discharge or modify restrictive covenants in accordance with section 84(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925.
Examples of experience include:
- Assisting the management of significant asset portfolios
- Making a successful application in accordance with section 84(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925 in the reported case, Sutton and East Surrey Water v Kilby and Others  UKUT 248 (LC)
- Serving notices in accordance with section 146 of the Law of Property Act 1925 on a number of tenants throughout a leisure club chain's property portfolio
- Dealing with the sale and disposal of abandoned goods having followed the requirements of the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977
- Acting for a commercial tenant on a dispute against their landlord in relation to the compliance with pre-conditions to a break clause
- Managing the disposal of a portfolio of leases in accordance with a CVA.