Richard is an upstream oil and gas lawyer, who advises clients on a range of commercial and operational issues including farm-in/farm-out agreements, joint operating agreements, asset transfers, sales and blending agreements, pipeline crossing and proximity agreements and UKCS licensing arrangements. He has in-house experience at a major oil company where he was seconded to assist in a dispute relating to a Transportation, Processing and Operating Services Agreement and the charging of operating expenditure. He has since returned on secondment to the same company to assist their in-house legal team more broadly.
Richard also has a variety of service sector and supply chain experience and regularly undertakes contract reviews for numerous clients in such areas. He was heavily involved in the purchase of a North Sea fibre optic cable communications business, advising on a range of oil and gas and corporate issues.
- A major plc in relation to the purchase of two oil and gas consultancies in Aberdeen
- Department of Energy and Climate Change in relation to their temporary management of Iranian Oil Company (UK) Limited's interest in the Rhum field
- A UK independent oil company in respect of various operational and transactional issues
- Tekmar Energy Limited in respect of various contractual negotiations
- A private equity backed buyer in relation to the purchase of a North Sea fibre optic cable communications business from a major plc.