Rae advises a range of private and public sector clients including employers, contractors, subcontractors and insurers on all aspects of construction and engineering projects. Her work involves both transactional and disputes work.
Rae's transactional experience includes asset protection, advising and drafting industry standard and bespoke form construction and engineering contracts as well as other project documents including appointments, warranties and associated security documents.
Rae's dispute experience includes advising on liquidated damages, defects, payments and general contractual advice. Rae also has experience of assisting clients with pre-action advice and dispute resolution processes including mediations, adjudications (including enforcement proceedings) and trials.
During Rae's training contract she completed a 9 month secondment to Diageo gaining in-depth understanding of how large multi-national and multi-jurisdiction companies operate and the challenges and opportunities such companies have.
Examples of experience include advising:
- For a university client – reviewing and advising on appointments and warranties as part of their agreement for lease of a purpose built medical facilities
- For a rail client – reviewing and assessing a multi-million pound claim against it and advising on its merits
- For a social housing client – preparing and assisting in a without prejudice meeting to settle the client's claim and counterclaim in relation to delays in construction and unpaid invoices
- For a sub-contractor client - drafting and preparing bundles, notices and evidence to lodge for appeal from the Technology and Construction Court
- Drafting asset protection agreements for high profile developments within London.