Rachel is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and manages the firm's UK and EU trade mark and design filing practice.
With over 12 years of experience in the field, she has extensive experience in the management of IP portfolios, trade mark availability searching, advice relating to the protection and exploitation of trade marks, filing and prosecuting trade mark and design applications, as well as handling of disputes before trade mark registries.
She also has considerable experience of IP due diligence and global post-transaction work, and has advised on a number of domain disputes through Nominet and WIPO.
Rachel is individually ranked in Legal 500 and is recognised as “…highly organised, efficient and knowledgeable…” in relation to trade mark matters.
She is a member of The Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (ITMA), The International Trademark Association (INTA), Marques and The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
Examples of experience include advising:
- English Heritage / Historic England on trade mark clearance matters, branding strategies, and UK and overseas trade mark protection
- Immediate Media, the publishing arm of the BCC, in relation to clearance searching and trade mark portfolio management, as well as providing advice on acquisition and post-completion matters
- Petrofac Limited, a leading international provider of services and products for the oil and gas sector, on their global trade mark portfolio and domain name disputes before WIPO
- Bounce Foods on the protection and enforcement of its brands within the UK and overseas
- R H Smith & Sons (Wigmakers) Ltd t/a Smiffys in relation to trade mark clearance searches and UK and overseas trade mark and design protection, and
- ME and EM Limited on trade mark and design matters, including trade mark filing strategies, oppositions and clearance searches
- Places for People Group in relation to trade mark clearance matters and brand protection
- Old Mutual Wealth in relation to global clearance searching and trade mark portfolio management
Recognised in Legal 500 UK Directory 2016 as:
“…highly organised, efficient and knowledgeable…”