Rachael joined the firm's corporate rail team on qualification in September 2016 having completed a training contract with the firm.
Rachael has experience in advising train operators on rolling stock procurement, leasing, modification and maintenance contracts, general franchise arrangements, regulatory issues and general commercial and operational matters.
- Advising Southeastern and Govia Thameslink Railway on all aspects of the procurement of passenger on-train Wi-Fi equipment and services (including franchise agreement amendments, modification and services agreements and rolling stock leasing amendments and consents);
- Supporting Abellio on the procurement of the UK's largest privately funded investment in new rolling stock for the East Anglia rail franchise;
- Assisting London Midland on all rolling stock aspects of its direct award franchise mobilisation (including leasing, maintenance and modification arrangements);
- Advising Govia Thameslink Railway on its maintenance arrangements for its Electrostar fleet
- Advising London Midland on 110mph Class 350/2 modification;
- Advising on rolling stock sub-leasing and operating hire agreements; and
- Advising on maintenance arrangements including TSAs, TSSSAs and framework agreements.