Quentin is an associate acting on matters in the oil and gas sector. He has a wide range of experience including corporate transactions, asset transactions, upstream and midstream operational issues, supply chain and disputes.
Quentin has worked on a number of large projects involving the corporate reorganisation, asset restructuring and disposal of companies operating in the UKCS and internationally. He also has experience of a wide range of operational agreements relating to producing assets as well as project development agreements and commercial structures. Quentin has extensive client-side experience of complex multi-workstream projects spanning general commercial, A&D and disputes across the full asset lifecycle.
Quentin has been seconded to a number of clients in the oil and gas sector throughout his training and post-qualification. During his training Quentin spent 4 months on client assignment at Tullow Oil (London). Latterly Quentin spent 14 months seconded to BG Group (Aberdeen), 6 months seconded to Nexen CNOOC (London) and most recently 3 months seconded to Petrofac (London).
Quentin is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
As well as the specific projects/transactions set out below, Quentin has extensive in-house experience of matters relating to the full asset lifecycle including A&D, exploration, project development, day-to-day commercial, supply chain and disputes.
Examples of experience include acting for:
- various operators and non-operators in respect of joint venture issues, field unitisation, hydrocarbon trading arrangements, transportation and processing arrangements, attribution and allocation arrangements, cross user liability regimes, sole risk drilling campaigns, day-to-day legal/commercial issues, pre-dispute commercial negotiations and strategy
- a Japanese client on its group reorganisation and proposed disposal of an entity holding three UKCS assets
- a private equity-backed client on the oil and gas aspects of its proposed $3bn+ acquisition of a package of assets
- a confidential client in respect of its proposed participation in an Asian LNG import and regasification project
- a confidential client on its proposed acquisition of an interest in an East African onshore producing field as part of an initial public offering
- a confidential client in respect of its proposed acquisition of the entire issued share capital of two UKCS licence-holding entities
- a confidential client on its acquisition of interests in three exploration assets offshore Côte d'Ivoire
- a confidential client in respect of its interests in a Nigerian incorporated joint venture relating to producing assets
- a confidential client on its acquisition of two exploration assets offshore Côte d'Ivoire
- a confidential client on its proposed acquisition of the entire issued share capital of an entity with a UKCS operated and non-operated portfolio
- a confidential client on its acquisition of the remaining issued share capital in a Côte d'Ivoire asset-holding entity
- a FTSE 100 E&P company in relation to the negotiation of a revised Transportation, Processing and Operating Services Agreement for its UKCS field and subsequent sale of the field interest
- a FTSE 100 E&P company in relation to a dispute (worth in excess of £100MM) relating to Transportation, Processing and Operating Services Agreement operating expenditure charging mechanisms and the interrelationship with underlying agreements
- a US-based independent E&P company on its asset reorganisation and disposal of UK and Dutch North Sea oil and gas interests as well as group-wide financial reorganisation of its UK subsidiaries including related internal financing arrangements as between non-UK entities, reductions of capital and other matters
- a FTSE 100 E&P company on pre-bid vendor due diligence and drafting of SPA in relation to the proposed disposal of UK and Dutch North Sea gas interests.