Paul is an associate in the planning and infrastructure team, specialising in planning law and compulsory purchase. He has particular experience of local authority work, including highways projects.
Paul advises public and private sector clients on Section 106 agreements, appropriation issues, development consent orders, compulsory purchase orders, bridge scheme orders, and town and country planning issues. Paul is presently working with the London Borough of Sutton and Reading Borough Council, and has been involved with agreements relating to Denbighshire County Council and Leeds City Council.
Paul is currently working on a number of applications for development consent, compulsory purchase orders and Transport and Works Orders. He is a member of the Compulsory Purchase Association.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Reading Borough Council on the promotion of a CPO and Bridge Scheme to construct a footbridge and cycleway over the River Thames and improve transport links in Reading. This included advising on the drafting of the Compulsory Purchase Order and the drafting of the river crossing order.
- Reading Borough Council on the promotion of a CPO and Side Roads Order for the widening of a connecting road in Reading.
- A major London borough on appropriation issues and compulsory purchase matters for the redevelopment of a large housing estate
- East Anglia THREE limited on its compulsory acquisition strategy and application documents for a new offshore windfarm DCO, concerning in particular the onshore apparatus.
- Red Funnel IoW Ferries on a proposed compulsory purchase order for the redevelopment of a ferry terminal in East Cowes.