Patrick Buckler has nearly two decades of experience litigating and resolving disputes in furtherance of his clients’ strategic goals and objectives. His clients hail from a number of industries, including the financial services, energy, and manufacturing sectors. Patrick’s practice has a particular focus on consumer finance litigation and class action defense.
Patrick has significant experience in defending lenders and servicers against FDCPA, FCRA, TILA, RESPA and TCPA claims; fraud and consumer protection claims; and foreclosure counterclaims. In addition to his business litigation experience, Patrick has guided clients in creditors’ rights matters, representing financial institutions in bankruptcy litigation, receivership actions and other insolvency proceedings.
His specific class action litigation experience includes cases involving claims of:
- Consumer fraud
- Securities fraud
- False advertising, and
- Product Liability
Patrick represents clients in state, federal and appeals courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings and before governmental agencies.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented international financial institution in the Enron securities class action litigation and bankruptcy proceedings, which resulted in dismissal of the class action.
- Repeated representation of lenders and servicers in mortgage-related litigation.
- Defended energy company in an employment discrimination class action.
- Represented an energy provider in disputes with commercial clients.
- Represented an energy supplier in a bid protest before the US Government Accountability Office.
- Representation of manufacturers in false labeling and advertising class actions.