Nick is the lead senior Partner responsible heading up newly launched WBD Advance, and also a member of the Bond Dickinson Management Board. As part of his Board remit, he is responsible for business efficiency, technology and innovation initiatives across our firm.
WBD Advance is a new service that pulls together all its key technology and business services that are becoming increasingly essential to clients alongside its traditional legal advice. These services include support for high volume projects such as document review; project and risk management of legal work; automation and process design; managing knowledge and information; and flexible resourcing. WBD Advance delivers these services through a multi-disciplinary team of more than 100 people focused on developing new ways of working for clients – this includes lawyers, project managers, technologists, data analysts, knowledge managers and operations professionals.
Nick is also the Womble Bond Dickinson Panel Supplier Relationship Manager for clients under the RM3786 General Legal Advisory Services Framework.
Nick's role chairing our Project Prioritisation Group, which covers firm wide projects relating to clients and service provision, requires him to be well versed in all operations within the firm. Aspects of the firm's operations for which he has overall and/or shared responsibility include:
- Leading our Risk & Best Practice function covering all aspects of legal compliance
- Implementation of technology for the prevision of repeat, high-volume tasks, e.g. document assembly saving our clients both time and cost, and providing a more efficient delivery mechanism
- Developing our Legal Project Management solutions
- Establishment of a "flex" working model for our legal teams
- In addition, he has Board responsibility for the strategic direction and overall performance of the firm's 70+ strong Legal Solutions Centre which is a key part of the WBD Advance offering. The Legal Solutions Centre forms an integral part of helping deliver efficient, high-quality business solutions for a large number of the firm's major clients.
Nick is Client Relationship Partner for a number of well-known FTSE or equivalent clients, quasi-public sector organisations and multi-national businesses, and is regularly asked to provide Board level input into a variety of strategic and business critical projects. He has over 25 years' experience of advising on commercial projects of all types and often straddling both the public and private sectors. He has run a number of major projects for clients including Network Rail, Post Office, Babcock, Whitbread, AIG and Kingfisher.
His main area of experience is in relation to business change programmes. These often involve managing key relationships with suppliers, particularly around business critical operations such as logistics, supply chain management and third party services contracts, as well as in relation to the merger and restructuring of publicly-funded bodies. Projects have included a number of large contracts for the outsourcing of specialist services, and the setting up and ongoing management of fulfilment and installation services managed by third parties. He was our Lead Partner on the Post Office Network Transformation Programme, a £2bn programme to modernise the Post Office network covering 6,000 branches and Post Masters.