Nicholas is a solicitor specialising in the commercial side of public sector projects and education, having advised a wide variety of public sector bodies including local authorities, academy trusts, schools and colleges as well as advising private sector clients on PFI and BSF matters.
Nicholas qualified into the Projects & Procurement Team in September 2015. Nicholas trained with the firm and throughout his training contract has worked on both the property and commercial sides of the team’s work. During this time, Nicholas prepared leases and property due diligence reports for academy conversions and building projects, as well as assisting with the drafting of Commercial Transfer Agreements and associated ancillary documents in relation to academy conversions. Nicholas also spent six months in the Charities Team, advising on the constitutional and governance aspects of academy conversions and six months in the Construction and Engineering Team, working on the Education Funding Agency’s Priority Schools Building Programme.
- Local authorities, schools and academy trusts on the commercial and constitutional aspects of converting to an academy
- A newly established 11-school Multi Academy Trust on the commercial aspects of the schools’ conversions
- City of York Council on its leisure project to build, operate and maintain a new Community Sport Stadium and Leisure Centre and to operate existing leisure facilities in the City
- Education Funding Agency on the Priority Schools Building Programme
- PFI Contractors on variation works to existing PFI sites and PFI academy conversions.