Nancy advises clients in the technology and life sciences industries in a variety of intellectual property matters, including in connection with the acquisition, development, and commercialization of intellectual property.
Nancy works directly with senior management and in-house counsel to develop legal strategies that will achieve her clients’ objectives.
She regularly reviews, drafts and negotiates a wide range of technology agreements, including complex software licensing and development, SaaS subscription, reseller and professional services agreements.
In the life sciences sector, Nancy drafts and negotiates licensing, collaboration, supply and distribution, manufacturing, material transfer, clinical trial and other strategic commercial agreements.
Nancy began her practice of law as a corporate and securities attorney at DLA Piper, where she drafted a broad range of commercial agreements and assisted in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Prior to her legal career, Nancy spent ten years conducting basic science research in the areas of molecular and cellular biology and neuroscience, including five years at Baylor College of Medicine, where she earned her Ph.D. from the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Her deep scientific background provides Nancy with a unique perspective on her clients’ legal needs and their short- and long-term technology goals.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented gene-therapy company in the global licensing and commercialization of its AAV gene therapy technology for the treatment of rare diseases.
- Ongoing representation of medical device company in the development and commercialization of its medical neuro-technology for the diagnosis of traumatic brain injury.
- Ongoing representation of medical device company in the development, licensing and distribution of its electrophysiology product for the diagnosis of ophthalmic conditions.
- Ongoing representation of one of the fastest growing technology companies in the licensing, development and distribution of its hybrid IT monitoring platform.
- Represented one of the world’s largest portfolio registry companies in the acquisition of a gTLD (generic Top-Level Domain).