In an era of ever-evolving regulation, Morgan is the constant that clients rely on. Morgan focuses on effectively delivering results when counseling companies on SEC reporting and compliance, corporate governance issues, public offerings, and private placements of debt and equity, ensuring that clients receive cost-effective and high-quality advice. And she brings a deep understanding of market trends when negotiating and closing complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
Morgan is extremely familiar with SEC reporting and compliance obligations, including notoriously complex issues such as the Pay Ratio and areas of increased SEC scrutiny such as disclosing non-GAAP financial measures. She also regularly advises issuers on a broad range of securities matters, including compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Dodd-Frank Act, Section 16 reporting, disclosure under Regulation FD, and periodic reporting on Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10-K.
Morgan’s experience extends to both public and private companies.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a timeshare company in an exchange offering of $300 million of registered public notes for 144A notes.
- Represented a bank holding company in a complex series of transactions over the course of a year, including the private placement of $25 million of common stock, subsequent private placement of $50 million of subordinated debentures, merger with another bank holding company, merger of bank subsidiaries, and the registration of common stock.
- Represented multiple privately-held companies, including start-ups, in private placements of debt and equity securities.
- Routinely drafts and manages Section 16 reporting and annual shareholder communications for multiple clients.
- Represented multiple publicly-traded companies in filing shelf registration statements and subsequent take-downs.