Michael Fischer is an antitrust attorney whose practice focuses on clients in the health care sector. Michael is experienced in antitrust counseling and litigation, commercial litigation, and government investigations. Michael regularly represents clients before the United States Department of Justice Antitrust Division, the Federal Trade Commission, and state competition regulators.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Currently defending a leading public health system in federal and state antitrust lawsuits concerning managed care contracting practices.
- Routinely assists hospital and health care systems to mitigate antitrust risk in managed care contracting.
- Advised a consortium of 11 major health systems co-venturing to launch a Medicaid managed care health plan.
- Successfully defended a national health insurance carrier in multiple contract dispute arbitrations concerning complex reimbursement issues.
- Provides antitrust counseling with respect to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and compliance with second requests.