*Mr. Nullet is not licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia. He is supervised by an attorney licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia.
Michael assists clients before, during and after litigation. His practice is focused on a broad range of intellectual property disputes, and he is particularly familiar with patent litigation. Michael has substantial experience navigating patent infringement actions in federal court, including through trial. He takes a business-oriented, dedicated approach to litigation to secure the best outcomes for clients. By taking the time to understand his clients, Michael can also advise clients on intellectual property strategy before litigation arises.
Always committed to advancing his clients’ best interests, Michael also works to resolve disputes outside of the court system. Through the use of administrative proceedings to challenge the legal sufficiency of patents or simply by communicating the unreasonableness of an opponent’s position, Michael works hard to advance his clients’ interests in resourceful ways. Michael applies these skills to all areas of his practice, including copyright and trademark disputes.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Successfully defended an international supplier of oil and gas extraction equipment in a patent infringement lawsuit seeking $12 million dollars in the Eastern District of Texas. Won a full jury verdict, including the invalidation of the asserted patent.
- Advised an international metal supplier about the impact of recent appellate court cases on patent law, and how these cases affect existing and potential manufacturing processes.
- Represented a nationwide network marketing company protecting its trademarks and copyrighted information from a competitor.
- Represented a major international manufacturer of packaging for commercial products in a patent and antitrust dispute with a competitor.
- Advised client developing smart window technology on the state of patent protection in the field and strategy for product development.