Michael is a registered patent attorney whose practice focuses on intellectual property protection in software and hardware in a wide variety of technology areas. Michael provides patent related services including preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Michael worked as the Principal Software Engineer for a laser design and manufacturing company in Silicon Valley providing embedded systems controls and graphical user interfaces for diode lasers and flash lamp-pumped lasers including medical, scientific, and industrial lasers including tunable lasers with precision motor control for tuning harmonic crystals. Michael has written software for medical devices under FDA and ISO medical device standards. Michael has also worked as a Mechanical Engineer for a global general contractor on projects including hydro-electric power plants, water filtration plants, and auto manufacturing facilities.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in a wide variety of technology fields, including:
- Autonomous Driving Vehicle control systems
- Differential Privacy
- Search Engine technology
- Desktop and Mobile Device Operating System internals
- Storage Appliances for Virtual Machines and Networked Storage
- Patent #: 8,447,541
- Energy Usage Monitoring With Remote Display And Automatic Detection Of Appliance Including Graphical User Interface