Mark Schreiber represents technology clients in business, litigation, and regulatory matters. He regularly appears in state and federal courts and before the California Public Utilities Commission and the Federal Communications Commission. He also assists clients in matters before the Nevada Public Utilities Commission, the Justice Department, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and other administrative agencies.
A significant portion of his practice includes the representation of telecommunications providers in proceedings related to the implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 and the California Environmental Quality Act, eminent domain cases, general rate cases, complaint and enforcement proceedings, service applications, interconnection disputes, and other administrative matters. Mark advises clients on IP and internet law issues and business and transactional matters subject to regulatory requirements.
A trained mediator, Mark has resolved numerous disputes involving real estate, contract, copyright, personal injury, trademark, and property damage matters, as well as serving as an arbitrator in fee dispute matters for the State Bar of California, the Bar Association of San Francisco, and the San Mateo County Bar Association. He has served as an arbitrator and a settlement attorney for the San Francisco Superior Court.
Mark is admitted to practice in the states of California and Nevada. He is a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco, the San Mateo County Bar Association, the Mediation Society, and the California Conference of Public Utility Counsel. He provides volunteer services in various capacities in civil and criminal matters before the San Francisco Superior Court and the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Mark graduated magna cum laude from the University of San Francisco School of Law and earned his B.S. from the University of San Francisco.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Supervised international regulatory compliance projects for technology clients with particular attention to product safety and telecommunications requirements in Canada, Mexico, Asia, South America, and the European Economic Community.
- Represented regulated technology and telecommunications companies in numerous federal and state proceedings involving licensing, business transactions, enforcement actions, and complaint cases.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- The State Bar of California
- Committee on Mandatory Fee Arbitration, Vice Chair (2017), Assistant Presiding Arbitrator (2014 - 2017), and Member (2010 - 2017)
- Committee on Professional Liability Insurance (2008 - 2011)
- Fee Arbitration Panel (2010 - Present)
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Fee Arbitrator
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Fee Arbitrator
- The Mediation Society
- California Conference of Public Utility Counsel
- San Francisco Redistricting Task Force (2011-2012)