Mark specialises in debt finance transactions and acts for a range of commercial and private lenders as well as borrowers. His experience includes bilateral and syndicated facilities, acquisition finance, structured finance, invoice discounting, treasury, real estate finance, EMTN programmes, securitisations and general banking arrangements.
He has considerable expertise in the education, real estate, hotel financing, chemical and public sectors and counts the Department for Education, the Huntsman Corporation, HSBC Bank plc and Santander UK plc amongst his clients. Mark also specialises in acting for private lending syndicates and has advised a number of such clients on the legal structuring and implementation of several large value development projects.
- Newcastle City Council in respect of a £50M development funding package for the redevelopment of Stephen Quarter, Newcastle upon Tyne, including the construction of a hotel and a separate office development
- Northumbria University in connection with £91M working capital and development debt facilities from Barclays Bank plc
- The Department for Education on the financing elements of its £900 million restructuring of the further education and sixth form college sector in England
- the Huntsman Corporation on a US$250M loan facility to Huntsman (UK) Limited from HSBC USA, National Association
- A syndicate of private lenders arranged by Grosvenor Financial Services Limited in the provision of £18.3M worth of term loan facilities to Yorkshire Ventures (Estates) Limited in respect of its asset purchase from Skelwith Leisure (Raithwaite) Limited (acting by its administrators KPMG) of the Raithwaite Hall Hotel and Estate, Whitby, North Yorkshire and an additional £2,670,000 worth of development facilities to be utilised by the borrower for new construction work.
Recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2016 editorial.