Luke is an associate in our corporate team who specialises in corporate finance work, in particular M&A and private equity transactions. He also advises on corporate reorganisations, corporate governance and compliance issues.
He has a background in chemistry, including a Master of Philosophy in synthetic organic chemistry, and experience working in the fine chemical and pharmaceutical sectors.
Luke is an Associate Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a key member of the firm's Manufacturing Sector team.
- New Look on its £780m sale to Brait SE
- Mouchel on its £265m sale to Kier Group
- A chemical sector client on a group reorganisation, involving various share capital, premium and capital redemption reserve reductions, hive ups of UK and foreign entities, capitalisations and distributions in specie
- A renewable energy client on an investment with the Electricity Supply Board of Ireland to develop two wind farm projects in Northern Ireland, having a total capacity of 200MW
- A renewable energy client on the issue of £2.4m tradeable debentures via a peer-to-peer investment manager and subsequent reorganisation involving re-registration as a public limited company
- A renewable energy client on a corporate demerger under section 110 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- One of the world's leading events organisers on the share acquisition of a UK events company with Danish and Swedish subsidiaries
- A renewable energy client on share sale to BlackRock of a 13MW wind farm and 6MW wind farm.
"Luke played a key role during the whole acquisition process with everyone impressed by his diligence, professionalism and charisma."
"I can only add my personal thanks to Luke for his dedication, loyalty and support."
"Luke's support was invaluable during the M&A process…ability to understand and grasp new tasks, many of which were not straightforward in light of the complexity of the business."
"…ability to communicate clearly and effectively across all levels within, and outside, the company…his commitment and high energy levels were remarkable…our CEO singled out Luke for praise."