Louise joined the firm in 2013 as a qualified and experienced Programme and Project Manager heading up Womble Bond Dickinson's in-house Project Management Team. Before requalifying as a Project and Programme Manager, Louise worked as a lawyer for 10 years, specialising in Health and Safety and Construction litigation.
Louise's day-to-day includes:
- Managing the Programme Management Unit, ensuring project management standards are adhered to across its operations and providing a source of best practice advice
- Supporting lawyers to ensure project management principles and practices are applied in the delivery of legal services, with particular emphasis on controlling costs
- Managing project programmes with complex project issues, risks and dependencies
- Running facilitation workshop to elicit requirements
- Working with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Working across the business to ensure strategic and organisation change is managed and adopted
- Delivering project objectives and managing effective change to ensure benefits are delivered.
Louise's recent experience includes:
- Delivering a range of complex and high value projects and programmes in all business areas of a law firm
- Developing and agreeing project management governance, procedures and templates for the delivery of legal services for a County Council's Energy programme
- Assisting with planning the delivery of complex legal work including Nuclear Decommissioning and large scale Compulsory Purchase work
- Working with lawyers on change and improvement initiatives such as commoditisation and standardisation of Employment and Property Planning work
- Delivering training to lawyers on Project Management principles and techniques.