Lisa has significant expertise in advising on the full spectrum of employment law issues. She advises local authorities, charities and national and international businesses such as TOTAL Petrochemicals.
Her expertise includes handling complex employment tribunal claims, providing detailed advice in relation to employment benefits, and large scale project work. She has particular expertise in advising on large scale redundancies and TUPE transfers, and defending mass equal pay claims valued at several million pounds.
She is a member of the Law Society and the Employment Lawyers’ Association. Lisa is also a speaker on a variety of topics at seminars, and has had several articles published on a range of topics in the specialist press.
Examples of experience include advising:
- TOTAL Petrochemicals on the employment aspects of the closure of the last remaining site in the UK for the manufacture of polystyrene
- Darlington Borough Council on its long-running equal pay litigation involving multiple claimants, during which time no findings were made against the Council
- An NHS Trust in defending a complex discrimination claim involving c.200 grievances and a 70-page claim form
- A large regional charity, the subsidiary of a national charity, on the employment law aspects of its separation from the parent with a view to operating as an independent charity going forward
- A local authority in relation to setting up an independent economic development company into which the economic development functions carried out by the Council and other bodies in its borough were to be transferred. Employment input included the impact of TUPE on the Council’s employees performing that work, and whether seconding those employees into the new company might avoid a TUPE transfer.
“Fabulous to work with.”
Business owner client