Laura specialises in commercial contracts and contract law and has extensive experience of advising on and negotiating complex contractual arrangements, particularly for clients in manufacturing and financial institutions sectors.
She has significant insight into the requirements of in-house legal teams and clients' procurement teams, having completed a number of secondments (including for two banks and a regional manufacturer). She is experienced in identifying legal and commercial risks and advising on appropriate risk management and mitigation mechanisms.
Laura is a committee member of the Devon International Trade Forum and routinely advises businesses on their cross-border contractual arrangements.
- Providing legal advice to a bank's procurement team on a range of "business as usual" supply contracts
- Acting for a UK insurance group in connection with its listings on comparison websites
- Advising on an industrial services framework agreement for use with multiple subcontractors
- Producing a number of sets of terms and conditions within two separate divisions of an engineering support services organisation
- Acting for universities in relation to a number of agreements, including: sponsorship agreements; grant agreements; contracts for the supply of goods and services; a contract for the shared use of sports pitches with a private school; and a proposed contract with its students.