Kevin is head of the firm’s Projects & Procurement Team and Head of the Newcastle Office. He has extensive experience of advising both the public and private sector in relation to a range of PPP, PFI and outsourcing projects and has particular expertise in projects in the education sector where he leads the firm’s Education Group.
He advises a broad range of clients including local and central government bodies, universities, further education colleges, academy trusts, Diocesan bodies and private sector contractors.
Kevin regularly leads the firm's team advising academies on their conversion and he also acts as the internal project manager co-ordinating the advice of our specialists to the relevant governing body and academy directors.
- Advising a local authority on the outsourcing of its Adult Social Care Directorate to a social enterprise established and run by the Directorate’s staff
- Leads the teams advising the Education Funding Agency on its Free Schools and PSBP programmes
- Advising a number of schools, Diocesan bodies and local authorities in relation to schools’ projects including Trust Schools, PFI and academy conversions
- Advising local authorities and fire authorities on their existing PPP/PFI agreements
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on the transfer to a subsidiary company of its estates management function and associated facilities.
"His ability to 'get to the root of issues that concern schools.'"
"He is always very solution-focused, looking for the best possible outcome for the school."