Kevin Lyn helps global companies create and provide better, more-competitive products for their customers. As a result of his intellectual property counsel, major appliances are more userfriendly, airplanes are more efficient, building materials are more fire-resistant, video games provide an enhanced user experience, medical procedures are more precise and effective, and a whole lot more.
A registered patent attorney as well as a licensed professional engineer, Kevin has invested a career in helping clients, from start-ups to major multinationals, maximize and protect their investments in new products and product improvements, and achieve their business goals.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, he was a product safety testing engineer for Underwriters Laboratories and as a semiconductor processing engineer for Mitsubishi Semiconductor – experience that facilitates his practical, business-focused approach to counseling clients.
Kevin’s practice involves all aspects of intellectual property, with a focus on the development of domestic and international patent portfolios crafted to bring products to market faster, while maximizing the available scope of protection in the client’s markets.
Kevin is Womble Bond Dickinson’s (US) Diversity Committee chair, leading diversity and inclusion initiatives within the firm, and serving as primary liaison to prominent diversity organizations.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Teams with a leading international major appliance manufacturer to develop and manage an extensive patent portfolio directed to technologies applicable across appliance product lines.
- Assists one of the world’s largest aerospace companies in preparing and prosecuting patent applications directed to aircraft components, aerospace materials, and manufacturing technologies.
- Assists a Canadian company in developing and managing an extensive international patent portfolio directed to fireproof building materials.
- Assists a multinational company in crafting a patent strategy and pursuing an international patent portfolio directed to digital data manipulation technology enabling full fidelity music streaming and video games with an enhanced user experience.
- Counsels emerging medical device companies regarding international patent protection for robotic dental surgery and glaucoma treatment devices.
- Represents an Australian company in developing an international patent portfolio directed to cutting-edge video streaming technology.