Kate is a specialist employment solicitor. She advises a wide range of clients across many different sectors, including the tourism, professional services, banking, social housing, food and drink and retail industries.
In addition to providing day-to-day employment law and HR advice to employers, Kate defends employment tribunal claims for businesses. She has successfully defended complex claims in the tribunal and has achieved strike out or favourable settlements in numerous cases. She also provides corporate support to her colleagues, advising commercial clients on the employment aspects of sales, purchases and other transfers of businesses, including advising on the TUPE Regulations.
Kate's career background is in music, broadcast media and television production. She worked in live children's television for several years, before specialising in classical music television broadcasting, working primarily as a Script Supervisor/Gallery PA for the BBC Classical Music Television department and the BBC Proms team.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A structural engineering company Advising them on a complex long-term sickness absence issue and achieving a favourable result for all parties
- Firm of architects Successfully defending a redundancy and age discrimination claim in the London Central Tribunal
- A social housing organisation on day-to-day HR and employment matters, as well as defending tribunal claims brought against them
- A brewery chain Successfully defending claims or obtaining a strike-out of claims at an early stage for a well-known brewery chain which owned a large number of pubs across the country
- A mining and minerals business Providing day-to-day employment and HR advice to a large mining operation in the south west
- A national banking organisation Defending tribunal claims across the UK
- A drinks manufacturer Advising on the employment and TUPE aspects of a sale of a drinks company to large brewery chain based in London.