Julie specialises in non-contentious construction and engineering matters. She has experience of drafting, negotiating and settling a range of construction and engineering contracts (both amendments to standard forms and bespoke contracts) and is familiar with major forms of construction contracts such as JCT, NEC3 ECC, FICIC and IChemE. Julie’s experience includes advising on and negotiating forms of appointments, warranties and security documents such as bonds and guarantees.
Examples of experience include advising
- Education and Skills Funding Agency – key member of the firms team advising the ESFA and Free School Trusts on the delivery of Free Schools, UTC and Studio School projects delivered under the ESFA Contractor and Regional Frameworks together with projects delivered under Scape, North West Construction Hub, Constructing West Midlands, LHC and YorBuild Frameworks
- Medway Council (as developer) on a full suite of development and construction documents including the development agreement, building contract, appointments, deeds of novation and collateral warranties relating to the expansion of educational facilities in Rochester
- East Cambridgeshire Council advising on a suite of NEC3 construction documents including the main building contract, professional team appointments, collateral warranties and security documents for the construction of a leisure centre
- Northumbria University providing JCT contract support services across a range of projects, including drafting template documents to be utilised across different schemes. Also advising on the full suite of construction documents for the University’s current educational and accommodation requirements
- University of Durham assisting on a number of teaching, research and accommodation projects
- Science Central assisting on the development of the flagship Science City development in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Financial Institutions carrying out construction due diligence for a number of major institutions providing development finance for both commercial and private residential developments.