*Julie Baczurik is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
As Medical Analysis Manager for Medical and Scientific Solutions, Julie supervises a team of highly skilled nurses involved in medical records review and analysis. In this role, she coordinates daily workflow, mentors staff in case management develops workflow processes, and oversees work product quality. Julie works with other professionals to ensure that the medical work products address each client's individual needs, such as identifying relevant medical defense issues, outlining alternative causation theories, defining complex medical terms, and identifying key missing information. Julie spearheads process improvements and was instrumental in the design of a system for echocardiogram review and the design of a database to improve efficiency and cost of medical record review.
Julie has been with the Firm for 19 years. Previously, she practiced as a psychiatric nurse in various outpatient settings, developed and managed a psychiatric home health program, and was Assistant Director of Nursing for a psychiatric hospital affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center.
Julie holds a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from Northern Illinois University, as well as a Master's Degree in Community Mental Health Nursing from the same institution.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Developed protocols for extraction of significant case facts pertaining to children and adults to defend allegations of lead paint exposure for a leading paint manufacturer.
- Established analytical protocols for medical analysis services for defense representation of a large mining corporation and multiple chemical industries.
- Developed guidelines for analysis of medical records for causation, alternate causation, mitigating factors, identification of significant references and prescribers in defense of a gastroesophageal reflux disease [GERD] medication for a major pharmaceutical company.
- Developed detailed guidelines for an in-depth analysis of facility/physician bills, explanation of benefits (EOB), Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance bills to identify true costs for a given claim to assist with defense development. This analysis includes comparison to costs presented by the plaintiff to determine accuracy.
- Developed and implemented data categorization and analytical summarization of key medical information in two large scale pharmaceutical class actions involving hormone therapy and diet drugs. Included were guidelines for a nurse driven medical chronology in which the medical records were summarized and put into layman’s terms for assistance in understanding complex medical issues.