As a veteran litigator, Josh Howard strives to bring calm to difficult situations by quickly identifying the root cause of disputes and resolving them through thoughtful negotiations and workable solutions. Josh works closely with clients in the financial services and manufacturing sectors on matters involving regulatory disputes, commercial contract disputes, internal and government investigations, and complex litigation.
His specific business litigation experience includes:
- Finance, bank and loan conflict litigation and workouts
- Supply chain agreements and litigation
- Business torts
- Corporations, board of directors and majority shareholders in shareholder derivative actions, breach of contract and oppression
- Employment contracts and non-competes
- Real property lease, title and ownership disputes
- Class actions
- Manufacturers, inventors and retailers in matters involving patent infringement, trade secrets, advertising injury and trademark violations.
As regulatory and compliance counsel, Josh has guided clients in matters involving state and national banking, consumer financial services, secured lending, food and beverage regulations, alcoholic beverages (representing producers, wholesalers and retailers before the TTB and state regulatory bodies), competition issues, charitable entities and fundraisers, and gaming law.
His internal and government investigations practice includes assisting clients in addressing allegations from the US Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Food and Drug Administration and various state regulatory authorities.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Achieved a defense verdict for an importer of industrial chemicals in a five-week trial involving three plaintiffs and a damage claim in excess of $50 million arising out of a plant explosion.
- Achieved an extremely favorable result in an action for breach of contract and wrongful termination of a physician involving claims for damages in excess of $15 million.
- Leading up to trial, settled a group of nine lawsuits against a national bank arising from a complex Ponzi Scheme and involving allegations of fraud.
- Achieved a favorable confidential arbitration award arising from claims of breach of contract and wrongful termination of a supply contract.