Joseph is an associate solicitor who joined the corporate team along with the transport, logistics and infrastructure sector on qualification in 2014, having completed his training contract with the firm.
He has a particular focus on transport and infrastructure advising on the procurement of rolling stock, rail franchise bids, transfer schemes and franchise mobilisation. Joseph advises clients on rolling stock leasing, maintenance and modification agreements as well as advising on other more general commercial and operational matters in the transport sector.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Abellio on the procurement of the UK's largest privately funded investment in new rolling stock for the East Anglia rail franchise
- Transdev on its bid to operate the Greater Manchester Metrolink
- KeoGo in relation to the handover of the TransPennine Express franchise
- Arriva Trains Wales and Chiltern Railway on the procurement of passenger on-train Wi-Fi equipment and services (including franchise agreement amendments and services agreements)
- Govia on its bid to operate the Northern franchise
- KeoGo on its bid to operate the TransPennine Express franchise
- Govia Thameslink Railway on the procurement of new rolling stock for the Great Northern suburban routes
- Govia Thameslink Railway on its successful bid to operate the TSGN franchise award and subsequent mobilisation
- Southeastern and London Midland in relation to securing their respective direct award franchise agreements and subsequent mobilisation arrangements
- Abellio ScotRail on rolling stock aspect of its franchise mobilisation
- Southern Railway and Govia Thameslink Railway on the procurement of new rolling stock for the Gatwick Express and Thameslink routes
- On the interpretation of, and compliance with, provisions of franchise agreements and other rail industry contracts (such as Track Access Agreements and the Ticketing and Settlement Agreement).