Silicon Valley innovation requires superior Intellectual Property protection, which is why some of the Valley’s most innovative companies entrust their IP to Joseph Bach. These companies appreciate Joseph’s ability to comprehend highly technical matters and tailor a strategy to fit their budgets and business goals.
Joseph has invested a third of his career as an in-house attorney with Applied Materials, Inc., and, having been a law-firm client himself, he easily relates to the needs of the clients he now serves. Joseph’s ability to add value to start-up clients stems from his experience as co-founder of a start-up company and his service as an adviser to SilicomVentures and Precision Medicine World Conference.
Joseph also has experience in patent litigation, primarily representing defendants accused of patent infringement. He also has served as an expert consultant in patent litigation.
Joseph regularly engages in patent opposition at the European Patent Office, having represented both proprietors and opposers in EPO patent opposition proceedings. He has written and presented extensively on IP protection in Mainland China and represents both domestic Chinese companies and foreign companies doing business there.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- materials, equipment and processes involved in fabrication of semiconductor chips, solar cells and LEDs (Si, SiC, CVD, PVD, Etch, Implant, etc);
- light and particle optics and instruments (Bright and Dark field, SEM, spectrometry, etc);
- chip testing and debugging (LIT, emission microscopy, nanoprobe, etc);
- night vision;
- wired and wireless communications;
- antenna design;
- computing and mobile platforms software and hardware;
- computing storage;
- sensor devices and automotive.