Jo joined the corporate team on qualification and is an experienced corporate lawyer. She specialises in transactional work for private companies including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital work and joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
Jo has extensive expertise in delivering on the corporate aspects of private company transactions and all aspects of corporate public sector work. Her work covers advising companies on share buy backs, reductions in capital, directors’ duties, private equity deals and advising individuals as shareholders and directors on Companies Act matters. She has particular expertise dealing with local authority outsourcing projects, transactions with the NHS and third sector joint ventures and transactions.
Jo also has experience in advising community benefit society and community interest companies on changes to their constitution and re-structuring programmes.
Jo’s most recent experience includes:
- Acting for Reece Group Limited in its acquisition of Responsive Engineering (Holdings) Limited a £15m turnover business including raising due diligence enquiries and preparing a due diligence report
- Acting on behalf of Gateshead NHS Health Foundation Trust in relation to the real estate and facilities management and emergency care centre to QE Facilities Limited
- Acting on behalf of NEL fund managers in relation to investments in local private companies
- Acting on behalf of NCG Corporation in relation to its merger with Corporation of Kidderminster College
- Acting for the shareholders of The Write Research Company Limited in relation to the sale of the Company to Capita Resourcing Limited.