Jessica Dickerson primarily focuses her practice on public company representation, including capital markets transactions, securities regulatory and compliance advice, corporate governance advice, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate and securities matters.
Having worked both in private practice and at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Jessica’s experience encompasses a wide array of transactional and securities compliance matters. Her work includes advising companies on public and private securities offerings, tender offers, and compliance with SEC and national stock exchange rules and regulations, as well as advising boards with respect to corporate governance developments, shareholder proposals, proxy access, and director independence. Her experience also includes preparing and reviewing registration statements relating to initial public offerings, secondary offerings, shelf registrations, business combinations, and exchange offers; annual, quarterly and periodic reports; proxy and information statements; confidential treatment requests; and requests for waivers from the “bad actor” provisions of Regulation D.
While at the SEC, Jessica served as an examiner on the Shareholder Proposal Task Force, where she evaluated no-action requests to exclude shareholder proposals under Rule 14a-8 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and she was a member of the rulemaking team implementing crowdfunding rules under the JOBS Act.
Panelist, Current State of Compliance and Financial Disclosures, 2017 NCBA Corporate Counsel Section Annual Meeting, Cary, NC
Speaker, SEC Whistleblower Updates, ACC Compliance and Ethics Committee Webinar, 2016
Panelist, Where’s the Money?, 2014 U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. School of Chamber and Business Management, Washington, D.C.
Panelist, Access to Capital Resources to Finance Your Business, National Urban League Conference, Cincinnati, OH, 2014
Member, Board of Advisors, TheCorporateCounsel.net
Member, Association of Securities and Exchange Commission Alumni, Inc.
Member, American Bar Association
Member, North Carolina Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Advised a publicly traded REIT on joint venture matters.
- Advised a consumer financial services company regarding the remediation of material weaknesses in internal control over financial reporting.
- Advised public companies on shareholder engagement matters.
- Represented a leading provider of core technologies and radio frequency (RF) solutions for mobile, infrastructure and aerospace/defense applications in its $1 billion exchange offer of senior notes.
- Represented a leading branded retailer in the quick-service restaurant industry in its sale for $1.35 billion.
- Represented a clean energy company in an ongoing public offering of debt securities issued directly pursuant to a web-based platform.