Jennifer leads the planning and infrastructure offering in our London office, specialising in the delivery of a wide range of energy and infrastructure projects across the UK and internationally. This includes renewable energy, grid, roads, rail, regeneration sites, residential and retail.
Key attributes include advising on cradle to grave delivery (from legislative interpretation and policy, right through to judicial review, refinancing/sale of projects and implementation challenges), a wide variety of drafting and contractual experience and advising daily on matters of risk and bankability. Jennifer also has experience in managing large project teams – including a multi-disciplinary team of other professionals and consultants - in order to effect the delivery of projects in accordance with the needs of a client team.
She advises clients on the consenting regimes and associated project delivery in England, Scotland and Wales in its entirety, from complex statutory agreements, legislative drafting, due diligence, environmental assessments, advocacy, petitioning, judicial review, and enforcement.
Her experience with major infrastructure projects includes advising on a wide range of energy schemes and their grid connections, particularly renewable energy. This includes onshore and offshore wind farm projects across the UK (including advising on challenge risk), energy storage, solar projects and energy from waste. Jennifer has advised a number of promoters on the DCO process, including road, rail freight, CCGT, grid, solar, nuclear and other energy schemes. Jennifer has worked also internationally, providing strategic advice on projects in Europe and the Middle East.
Jennifer also has significant regeneration and residential experience, advising on large sustainable urban extensions, regeneration schemes, housing developments and retail schemes, including as part of the local plan process.
Jennifer is the only lawyer that sits on the National Infrastructure Commission's Young Professional's Panel. She is also a member of, NIPA, the RUK Cymru Strategy Group and Women in Property.
- North Wales Wind Farm Connection Development Consent Order (DCO) (SP Manweb), leading on project management. In addition to this, as this was a complex linear DCO, it involved a wide range of examination issues, including NPS policy interpretation, CA powers, cultural heritage impacts, the application of the CA Regulations 2011 and judicial review risk.
- In relation to a wide range of planning matters, including in the preparation of the planning application and section 106 agreement, section 73 applications and deeds of variation for a number of large mixed use, regeneration and residential schemes, including a 4,000 home sustainable urban extension in Warwickshire, a 5,100 home scheme in Corby and a 1,500 home mixed use urban regeneration scheme in Birmingham
- A number of developers on a range of DCOs, including Hornsea 3 offshore wind farm (DONG Energy), Wrexham Energy Centre (Wrexham Power Limited) and the A14 (Highways England)
- Gallagher and Lioncourt Homes in relation to the High Court and then Court of Appeal case Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council v (1) Gallagher Homes Limited (2) Lioncourt Homes Limited  EWCA Civ 1610. The case included complex strategic advice relating to objectively assessed housing need
- Numerous renewable energy developers and financial institutions in relation to all consenting matters for energy storage, solar, onshore and offshore wind, biomass and energy from waste projects. This includes application preparation, EIA reviews, section 78 appeals, judicial reviews, enforcement, advocacy, due diligence and amendments to planning permissions.
“I have worked with Jenn across several law firms. Jenn’s knowledge of the renewables sector is second to none. The advice received from Jenn is always straight forward and commercial, whilst also being cognisant of the bigger picture and bankability issues.”
"I have worked on major infrastructure projects with Jennifer now for approximately ten years. One of the things I like about working with her is indefatigable commitment to her projects, I feel very supported by having her involved as a key part of the team"