As a former criminal prosecutor, Jeff Jackson brings his courtroom experience to work for our Business Litigation Practice Group. His clients rely on him to provide clear and concise legal counsel on a wide range of subjects, from financial services arbitration to large-scale construction disputes to small business mediation.
Jeff also brings legal experience as a Captain in the JAG Corps with the US Army National Guard. With over 15 years of dedicated service to his country, Jeff has been tested in environments far more stressful than a courtroom, including a deployment to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Now one of the youngest state senators in North Carolina, Jeff serves on the following committees: Judiciary, Pensions and Retirement, Appropriations, Agriculture Environment and Natural Resources, and State and Local Government.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended a franchise in a protracted termination dispute that involved a preliminary injunction, discovery disputes, and arbitration.
- Represented a commercial real estate entity in multi-party litigation concerning major construction defects.
- Defended a major university from suit by focusing on critical questions of jurisdiction.
- Worked as a part of a litigation team on major health care litigation involving extensive discovery work.
- Negotiated a successful resolution to a financial services dispute involving multiple parties.
- Presented at multiple Continuing Legal Education events on subjects concerning veterans’ re-employment rights and recent enactments by the state legislature.