Jason understands all aspects of bankruptcy and insolvency-related issues. He represents secured lenders and special servicers in large scale bankruptcy matters, including pre-bankruptcy workouts, Chapter 11 cases and creditor rights-related litigation. Jason also advises borrowers on practical ways of navigating distressed situations, including sales, liquidations and bankruptcy proceedings. Jason’s experience has touched a broad range of industries including retail, food service, construction and hospitality.
Jason is licensed to practice in Georgia and New York. He is an officer of the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute and is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy. Jason is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and the The Best Lawyers in America.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a third party logistics company in out of court liquidation that resulted in 100% payout to the primary secured creditor.
- National bankruptcy counsel to national fast-food franchiser both as creditor and purchaser of assets.
- Represented a lender owed approximately $50 million in connection with vacant parcel of real estate in Manhattan, resulting in significant recovery.
- Represented client in connection with acquisition of two manufacturing plants out of a bankruptcy.
- Represented an agent for a bank group that was owed in excess of $500 million in the bankruptcy of a resort company.