Jason understands all aspects of bankruptcy and insolvency-related issues. He represents secured lenders and special servicers in large scale bankruptcy matters, including pre-bankruptcy workouts, Chapter 11 cases and creditor rights-related litigation. Jason also advises borrowers on practical ways of navigating distressed situations, including sales, liquidations and bankruptcy proceedings. Jason’s experience has touched a broad range of industries including retail, food service, construction and hospitality.
Jason is licensed to practice in Georgia and New York. He is an officer of the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute and is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy. Jason is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and the The Best Lawyers in America.
- Recent Developments in Chapter 11. Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, 2015 Edition
- Intercreditor Agreements in Bankruptcy. Westlaw Journal Bankruptcy, December 4, 2014
- The Tale of Breadcrumbs: Eighth Circuit Finds Trademark License No Longer Executory, World Trademark Review Daily, July 7, 2014
- Contributing author for Norton Bankruptcy Law and Practice, 3d.
- Contributing author for Bankruptcy Litigation Manual, Financing Disputes
- Contributing author for Lexis Practice Advisor, Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Court Holds That the Section 546(e) Safe Harbor Does Not Apply to ‘Settlement Payments’ Made in a Small, Private Leveraged Buyout That Poses No Systemic Risk to the Securities Market, Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, Vol. 7, No. 5, July/August 2011
- Multinational Enterprise Liability in Insolvency Proceedings, The European Lawyer Reference Series, August 1, 2010
- Board of Directors, Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, 2009-present
- Board of Directors, Bankruptcy Section of Atlanta Bar Association, 2001-2010; Chair, 2009-2010
- Member, Board of Directors, Paws Atlanta, Inc., 2006-2011; Advisory Board, 2012-present
- Member, Atlanta Executive Leadership Council for the American Cancer Society, 2008-present
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute, 2008-present
- Member, Lex Mundi, Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Group, Chair 2012
Honors and Awards
- Chambers USA 2018 Ranked Lawyer, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Georgia
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2013 - Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a third party logistics company in out of court liquidation that resulted in 100% payout to the primary secured creditor.
- National bankruptcy counsel to national fast-food franchiser both as creditor and purchaser of assets.
- Represented a lender owed approximately $50 million in connection with vacant parcel of real estate in Manhattan, resulting in significant recovery.
- Represented client in connection with acquisition of two manufacturing plants out of a bankruptcy.
- Represented an agent for a bank group that was owed in excess of $500 million in the bankruptcy of a resort company.