Jane is a partner specialising in the defence of professional negligence claims. Her practice predominantly comprises defending solicitors and advising them and their insurers on coverage; she has particular expertise in successor practice issues. She also defends claims against brokers, accountants, surveyors, recruitment consultants and publishers.
Jane qualified as a barrister before becoming a solicitor in 2001. She has over 15 years' experience in the professional indemnity market which includes a year on secondment at a major insurer. She enjoys giving seminars to clients and writes regularly for in-house and external publications.
She joined the firm in 2013 from Kennedys, where she was a partner in the professional indemnity team.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Managed settlement of multiple claims against firms of solicitors by a single mortgage lender
- Defence of over 200 claims against an insurance broker relating to the alleged misselling of payment protection insurance
- Defence of a firm of risk surveyors following a catastrophic factory fire
- Defence of a firm of UK accountants against allegations of negligently auditing accounts resulting in litigation in Cyprus
- Defence of solicitors in intervening action against allegation of having negligently procured a writ of sequestration resulting in trespass to a third party's property (Raja v Hoogstaten; Tombstone v Healys  EWCA Civ 1444)
- Defence of solicitors against allegation of excess of authority in relation to purchase of a £7.2m property (Roiter Zucker v Minai  EWHC 2676).