Jamie is a corporate finance partner with over 25 years’ experience of advising clients on private and public company mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, public and private equity fundraisings, joint ventures and corporate governance. During this period Jamie has advised on many of the largest and most complex transactions in the North of England, covering the full range of public and private company mergers and acquisitions.
Jamie is rated as one of the North's leading corporate lawyers by the Legal 500 and Chambers directories. Following outstanding client feedback Jamie was named as a star lawyer in the ‘Acritas Stars’ global database for 2018 and 2019.
Examples of experience include advising:
- OpSec Security Group plc on a £16 million private equity investment by, and subsequent recommended bids from, Investcorp Technology Partners
- Parkdean Holidays plc on £213 million recommended bid by Alchemy Partners
- Grainger plc on its £36 million takeover (via scheme of arrangement) of Sovereign Reversions plc and associated joint venture with Moorfield Group
- Grainger plc on its £111 million sale of South London real estate portfolio to a joint venture established with Dorrington plc
- Anpario plc on the acquisition of Optivite and associated secondary AIM fundraising
- Reg Vardy plc, Tyne Tees Television plc and Ropner plc on recommended takeover bids
- NVM Private Equity on numerous investments including those in Wear Inns, Cleveland Biotech and It’s All Good advising LDC on its investment in Aesica Pharmaceuticals
- 3i and management on £50 million sale of Castlebeck Care to Hg Capital
- On the sale of Nigel Wright Group to Baird Capital Partners Europe
- CN Group on its takeover by Newsquest Media Group
- Vertu Motors plc on AIM fundraisings and numerous acquisitions.