Jay Landrum knows business. His law degree, MBA, experiences as General Counsel in a NYSE company and founder of a venture backed startup, and 25 years of practicing in the field of general corporate law position him to represent companies in all stages of operation.
Jay’s current corporate practice emphasizes business transactions, including entity formation, buy sell agreements, and financing transactions (venture, private and debt), as well as day-today legal representation. Contracts and licensing are primary practice areas, including hardware and software licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, distribution agreements (such as dealer, distributor and manufacturer representative agreements), licenser/agent/licensee representation, and artist and author representation.
Jay frequently serves clients as counsel in acquisition and merger transactions, including purchases and sales, asset and stock acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures, and also in technology transactions, such as development agreements (website, software development), manufacturing agreements (OEM, VAR), and technology oriented purchase and sale agreements.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Previously served as General Counsel to an industry leading, international art publishing company, developing creative, business oriented solutions for a company with thousands of dealers in its network.
- Represented a client in a multi-million dollar asset purchase arrangement, including transfer of assets, employment agreements for key executives, and related earn-out agreements.
- Represented a sell-side technology services client in a $150 million international acquisition.
- Counsel to a leading international LED panel company.
- Counsel to an innovative international medical device company in the field of spinal stimulation.
- Counsel to multiple internet-based companies, including VoIP telephony and SaaS providers.