James Weatherholtz knows the construction industry. Growing up in a family of contractors, he learned the business from the ground up. He has used that experience for nearly 20 years to serve clients in the construction and manufacturing industries.
James understands how buildings go together, and that makes him especially good at working with building product manufacturers. He serves as national counsel for litigation claims administration and has defended clients in multiple class actions. He defends construction defect and surety claims for developers, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers. James also drafts contracts, handles insurance and payment claims, and regularly assists developers and national homebuilders on issues related to construction.
He is a leader in the industry as well, having served as Chair of the South Carolina Construction Law Section and Chair of the Building Products Specialized Litigation Group of the DRI (The Voice of the Defense Bar) Products Liability Committee. James also serves as the Chair of the (US) Construction Team at Womble Bond Dickinson.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- As national counsel, successfully defended federal class action and MDL cases involving building products.
- Serves as national counsel for disputes and claims administration in multiple nationwide class action settlements involving building products.
- Defended regional developer in a series of construction defect lawsuits alleging multi-million dollar repairs to condominium projects.
- Defended manufacturers of engineered wood siding and trim products, asphalt shingles, elastomeric coatings, decking products, laminated beams, OSB products, metal roof shingles, built-up roofing products and stucco cladding.
- Defended a joint venture general contractor in a trial involving a $5 million payment claim arising from a bridge replacement project.