*Ms. Radeke is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law.
Heike is a registered patent agent who focuses her practice on patent prosecution for companies, universities and institutions of all sizes in the health, chemical and environmental sector. Her current practice focuses on all aspects of services related to patent prosecution including drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
Before joining the firm, Heike was a technology specialist at a national law firm working with clients to obtain worldwide patent protection for their intellectual property in life sciences and alternate fuel energy sources. This experience added to her knowledge in the areas of competitive landscaping analysis, due diligence and freedom-to-operate opinion analysis in a broad range of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, drug formulations, nutraceuticals, cosmetics, drug delivery systems, diagnostic assays, materials science and alternate fuel energy sources.
Prior to joining the intellectual property community, Heike was a medicinal chemist working in drug discovery. During her career in the pharmaceutical industry, Heike developed drug candidates (i.e., small molecule and macrocycles) in therapeutic areas related to neurology, oncology, cardiovascular, inflammation and infection, and gained in-depth knowledge of all aspects of drug discovery. Heike also has extensive expertise in the development of radiopharmaceuticals and imaging/contrast agents. With over 15 years of industrial experience, Heike is named as an inventor on over 30 patents and research publications.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Assisting in prosecuting and preparing patent applications for an international company generally recognized as a global leader in environmental catalysis.
- Contributing in conducting infringement analysis for IPR and litigation cases of various pharmaceutical companies.
- Contributing in the valuation of several patent assets for acquisitions of pharmaceutical companies.
- Assisting in managing the patent portfolio of an international probiotic ingredient manufacturer.
- Contributing in managing the patent portfolio of a mid-sized radiopharmaceutical company and was responsible for evaluating potential in licensing opportunities to grow the patent portfolio.