Gracie Smith is an associate in the Corporate and Securities Group and a member of the Firm’s Public Company Advisors Team. Her experience includes public and private offerings of debt securities, exchange offers, and mergers and acquisitions, along with general corporate matters. She also counsels clients with respect to ongoing SEC compliance and related corporate governance matters, investor relations and disclosure issues, and shareholder proposals and engagement.
Before joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Gracie was a corporate associate at a leading international law firm. While in law school, Gracie completed a year-long clinic providing legal services to social enterprises and impact investors conducting cross-border transactions in emerging markets. In addition, she participated in the semester-long NYU Law Abroad program in Shanghai, China, and worked with a legal non-governmental organization in Kampala, Uganda.
Before beginning her legal career, Gracie worked for three years in the fixed-income division of a leading multinational financial institution in New York City. She also spent two years teaching high school mathematics in Memphis, Tennessee with Teach for America.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, October 2019 – Present
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Mentor, October 2020 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a private recycling/chemicals company in its business combination with a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- Represented a private recycling/chemicals company in its $48 million convertible notes private placement and $12 million add-on offering.
- Represented a Fortune 500 automotive retailer in its $1.125 billion private senior notes offering, $250 million add-on offering, and $850 million A/B exchange offer in conjunction with the acquisition of a regional automotive retailer.
- Represented a Fortune 500 multinational clothing company in its $700 million private senior notes offering.
- Represented a Fortune 1000 diversified technology company in its $600 million senior notes offering.