Gerald primarily assists dometic and foreign clients in the energy and natural resources sector with various acquisitions, divestitures, and transactional matters. Additionally, Gerald is involved in corporate mergers and acquisitions, as well as restructuring, where he provides representation for clients in a wide range of corporate and transactional affairs.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
Buy-Side Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Nexcap Partners Inc. in its acquisition in all of the issued and outstanding shares of Gecko Alliance Group Inc., a Quebec corporation with subsidiaries in Canada and the US.
- Advised Thayer Power and Communication Ultimate Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of J. Lee Associates, Inc. and Heartland Solutions Corp.
- Advised Tencent Holdings Limited in an investment into international Logistics Holdings LLC, which held 100% of the capital of Brazilian companies CargoX Transportes Ltda. And Fretebras Internet e Servicos Ltda. ME.
- Advised Calera Capital in its acquisition of the business of Service Professor, Inc.
- Advised Clough USA, Inc. in its acquisition of J.J. White, Inc.
- Advised Fund for Export Development in Africa in a proposed Series B investment in Kobe 360, Inc.
Sell-Side Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Jin Jiang International Hotels in the sale of the Americas division of Radisson Hotels to Choice Hotels.
- Advised Baker Hughes in its small minority investment in a newly formed US entity that owned spun-off operations of HIF in Chile.
- Advised Hannon Armstrong in its minority cash equity portfolio investment from AES, with the portfolio including 19 renewable projects (18 solar and 1 wind).
- Advised BHP in its carve out of its oil & gas business from parent company to create an independent entity.
- Advised Black Diamond Oilfield Rentals in the sale of a portion of their equity to Hilong USA, LLC.
- Advised Valero Marketing and Supply de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. in their Terminal Services Agreement with Operadora de Terminales Maritimas, S.A. de C.V., a corporation formed under the laws of Mexico.
- Advised Advanced Clean Energy Storage 1, LLC in their development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of a green hydrogen electrolysis facility in Delta, Utah.
- Advised Petrobal Omega 1, LLC and Sand Rock Gathering LLC in the sale of certain interests they owned in oil and gas properties, rights and related assets to EagleRidge Energy II, LLC.
- Assisted Inter Pipeline Ltd. in understanding the law relevant to the sale of petrochemical products in over 10 US States.
- Advised Calpine on negotiating the agreements for an upgrade to the Calpine power plant in Edinburg, TX known as the Hidalgo Energy Center.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Houston