Don is one of the founders of the firm’s Atlanta office. Don has more than 40 years’ experience as a trusted advisor, advising both public and private companies in the legal aspects of their daily operations as well as the significant transactions in the typical company’s life cycle. Don has handled virtually every type of transaction faced by emerging companies as well as mature enterprises.
Don has closed numerous transactions throughout the United States and internationally in a wide array of industries including aerospace, electric power distribution and transmission, carpet manufacturing, software, virtual reality training systems and many others.
In the last 10 years, Don has worked extensively with numerous companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical fields, negotiating and documenting unique license arrangements with eminent medical doctors, scientists and related medical institutions and then assisting in raising capital, entering into strategic alliances, and accomplishing the myriad tasks needed to bring new technology into the market place. Don takes great satisfaction in being able to play a role in bringing to the public realm several breakthrough technologies in the fields of oncology, diabetes, wound care, opioid addiction, and others.
Civic and Professional Activities
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- Bar Associations: Atlanta Bar Association; Georgia Bar Association; American Bar Association
- U.S. Army (1970-71): prosecutor on special assignment to the JAG Corps
- Trustee, Kennesaw State University Foundation
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Corporate Law, 2019 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a major US electric power transmission equipment manufacturer in the acquisition of two European manufacturers of similar equipment.
- Assisted a long-time medical and dental attachments software company client, from start-up through sale to a major private equity firm.
- Represented several companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical fields, specifically orthopedics, wound care, oncology, diabetes, opioid addiction, facet joint syndrome, and others, in organizing, negotiating license rights and taking through numerous rounds of private equity investors.
- Represented a major building materials supplier from an initial management buyout through sale 15 years later to a Fortune 100 buyer.
- Represented a major US carpet manufacturer in acquisition of a Canadian carpet manufacturer and subsequent acquisitions of all fiber extrusion business from a US-based seller.
- Represented a long-term motion-capture, virtual reality and animation software client in technology transactions and strategic alliances in military, defense, entertainment, sports and other industries.