Cris has spent over 30 years defending product liability and toxic tort cases throughout the US and abroad. He immerses himself in complex medical and scientific issues in order to formulate viable scientific defenses to the claims being asserted, to understand the most persuasive way to synthesize matters for trial, to identify and retain the best experts, and to act as a resource to trial teams. Cris’ experience includes coordination of medical, scientific and statistical defense strategies across hundreds of cases on a national and international scale. Decades of practice in this area have led to an extensive network of strong relationships with leading industry experts.
Cris founded Medical and Scientific Solutions of Womble Bond Dickinson, a specialized practice team focusing on medical and scientific aspects of case preparation. He was also instrumental in developing the Womble Bond Dickinson Expert Witness Team. The Expert Team has worked with Medical and Scientific Solutions to identify and develop experts for over 20 years. Cris and his teams routinely prepare presentations to clients, trial teams and international counsel on key scientific issues in various pieces of litigation.
Cris also has experience in environmental law, with a focus in natural waste treatment and renewable energy.
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- For R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., manages medical and scientific defense development and expert preparation for an ongoing de-certified class action in Florida with thousands of plaintiffs. To date, several hundred cases have been tried to verdict.
- For R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., develops defense strategy and experts in litigation throughout the US.
- Leads medical and scientific case analysis, defense preparation and expert development in a wide variety of industries including:
- Asbestos defense for multiple car manufacturers and a multinational tire and rubber manufacturer
- Lead paint defense for several paint manufacturers
- Perchloroethylene contamination in West Virginia for multiple defendants
- Pharmaceutical defense, including diet drugs, hormone therapy and Thimerosal
- Personal injury claims for trucking companies, a mining company, a private prison, governmental entities and insurance carriers.
- For over 10 years, represented a global tobacco company in product liability and healthcare recoupment litigation in France, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Israel and Canada.
- Provided defense strategy and expert preparation in the first product liability case tried in post-Soviet Russia, which resulted in a defense verdict.
- Remotely provided scientific defense