Erin Fitzgerald advises telecommunications carriers, broadband service providers, and technology companies on complex commercial and regulatory matters. Erin also serves as Regulatory Counsel to the Rural Wireless Association (RWA), and has extensive experience on issues regarding privacy/data protection, spectrum auctions, universal service, broadband deployment, data roaming, network neutrality, and wireless licensing. Erin advocates in rulemaking and policymaking proceedings on behalf of RWA as well as individual clients, and frequently appears before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Bringing additional extensive regulatory and government affairs experience to her practice, Erin has previously worked on Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigations and antitrust matters. She also worked on a variety of legislative issues while working as a Legislative Assistant in the United States Senate.
Erin is a frequent speaker at national industry trade shows and client workshops. Outside of the office, Erin enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband and her retired racing greyhound Sunny.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Negotiated Distributed Antenna System (DAS) license agreements with nationwide mobile wireless service providers on behalf of a large state university.
- Led successful advocacy efforts to create a rural service provider bidding credit that saved eligible bidders $18 million in the FCC’s 600 MHz Incentive Auction.
- Provided comprehensive regulatory and strategic guidance and training to telecommunications executives and managers.
- Lobbied White House staff and other executive branch officials on rural broadband deployment issues.
- Testified before a joint congressional subcommittee on the challenges of providing wireless broadband to America’s rural communities.