Scott Bowers focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, strategic corporate transactions, and corporate finance. He is a trusted advisor to his clients, understanding their businesses and giving priority to their strategic objectives in crafting tailored, effective, and efficient solutions to particular transactions.
As part of his practice, Scott regularly acts for clients in a number of outside general counsel roles ranging from representation in complex commercial contracting engagements to providing guidance in corporate governance and general business law matters. He has represented clients in a number of industry sectors, and has particular experience in the fields of technology, manufacturing, agriculture, education, and renewable energy.
Scott’s practice is international in scope. He represents international clients in United States in-bound acquisitions and strategic transactions, and has represented a number of clients in multiple transactions centered in China, the European Union, and the United Kingdom, as well as transactions involving subsidiary operations in a number of other countries.
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- Member, Board of Directors, HopeLine, Inc., 2008-2011
Top 40 Corporate Lawyers Under 40 in the State of North Carolina, American Society of Legal Advocates
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented Cayman Islands domiciled international education company in Series A and Series B equity capital raises and related RMB-based debt financing provided by international bank headquartered in China.
- Represented renewable natural gas (RNG) manufacturer in securing supply agreements, real estate rights, equity capital, Qualified Energy Conservation Bond-backed debt financing, and government grant funding in connection with the construction of a North Carolina-based RNG manufacturing facilities project.
- Represented private equity clients in a number of majority recapitalization transactions.
- Represented public software company client in acquisition of software-as-a-service provider.
- Represented public apparel company client in sale of retail apparel division.
- Represented contract research organization (CRO) client in strategic acquisition of CRO target based in the United Kingdom with multiple European subsidiaries.