With over 25 years of experience in corporate America, Dwane considers himself more of a business partner than a business lawyer. Combining “real world” experience in the retail, distribution, manufacturing, and financial services industries with his undergraduate degree in Finance and M.B.A., you will find Dwane passionate about helping clients create value.
Dwane’s experience includes preparing the due diligence associated with financings of over $1 billion, selling multiple retail and manufacturing entities for more than $900 million, purchasing a retailer for over $500 million, and divesting over 100 stores and 3 distribution centers.
In addition, Dwane has drafted, reviewed, and/or negotiated numerous contracts involving multiple millions of dollars including sales agreements, supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, and leases.
Having served as General Counsel, Dwane’s experience runs the gamut from mergers and acquisitions to routine contract review to virtually everything in between. As a result of serving on senior leadership teams and reporting to company Presidents, Chief Executive Officers, and Chief Financial Officers, Dwane is committed to providing common sense, value-focused, cost-effective solutions to GCs as well as to entities which do not have in-house counsel.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- Member, Association of Corporate Counsel, 2002-2017, Board of Directors and Vice President
- Series 7, 2012-2013
- Series 66, 2012-2013
- Legal Affairs Committee, Food Marketing Institute, 2009-2012
- Board of Directors, South Carolina Merchants Association
- Deaconate, Taylors First Baptist Church, 2016-Present
- Assistant Coach, Northwood Little League, 2016
- Secretary, BI-LO Charities, Inc., 2001-2012